Fluidtherm:Thermic Fluid Heaters
Fluidtherm or commonly known as Thermic Fluid Heater is the most efficient and highly effective in process heating equipment which uses high viscous oil as a heating medium.
These are generally used in a system where the pressure is not desired in a process and temperature requirement is higher and using the boiler for high-temperature services may increase the cost of a project.
It can improve process consistency and reduce downtime leading to further increase in profitability.
Thermodyne Engineering Systems manufacture Thermic fluid heaters that can be used to heat various fluids such as Thermal oil, Petroleum oil, Therminol, and even water.
They can be used in various process industries such as:-
- Food processing industries
- Rubber and plastics industries
- Publishing and print industries
- Metal fabrication and finishing plants
- Paper industries
- Textile industries
- Natural gas processing plants
- Crude oil extraction and processing industries.
- Chemical Industries
- Plywood and Laminates
Working and construction of Fluidtherm:
The Thermic Fluid Heater consists of a specially designed high pressure and temperature Thermic fluid pump which circulates thermic fluid into the coil.
It consists of two concentric coils in which inner coil acts as a radiation zone and outer coil act as convection zone. Flue gas velocity is generally higher between the 2 coils and between the coil and the outer shell, so higher the velocity higher will be the convective heat transfer between the flue gas and fluid.
It can be made either 3 pass or 4 pass depending on the design of thermic fluid heater and the type of fuels to be burnt. The efficiency of the heater increases with increase in the number of passes.
The maximum temperature of 350℃ of thermal fluid can be achieved in a Fluidtherm although the higher temperature of the thermal fluid can be achieved provided the temperature of fluid does not exceed the autoignition temperature.
Thermodyne, Fluidtherm – thermic fluid heater also consists of deaerator and expansion tank. The density of fluid decreases with increase in the temperature of fluid so a tank is generally installed in a process to help accommodate the extra volume of fluid which is increased due to increase in the fluid temperature. For every 100℃ rise in the fluid temperature, the volume of fluid increases by 7% so expansion tank is added to take care of that extra volume.
Deaerator tank is combined with the expansion tank and is generally used to vent out air from the fluid which acts as resistance in transferring heat to the fluid.
Thermodyne, Fluidtherm can be used to burn the different type of fuels such as:-
Solid fuels – wood, Coal, Petcoke, Rice husk, etc.
Liquid fuels – Light Diesel Oils, Heavy Oils, etc.
Gaseous fuels – Natural gas, Liquified petroleum gas, etc.
- High Capacity Heating System
- Fully automatic unit – Maintains the desired temperature of the thermic fluid
- High System Efficiency – Reduced operating cost.
- Best applicable for High-Temperature Heating
- Can attain temperatures upto 300 o C
- Minimum site work and ease of installation
- Can operate on the variety of fuels as per local availability
- Failsafe design and dependable safety instruments
- Rugged design and superior construction
- High flow rate ensures the higher life of thermic fluid and heater coil
- Backed by prompt and efficient after sales service
- Deaerator/Expansion Tank Integral Arrangement type
Fluidtherm is available in capacities from 1 Lac Kcal/hr to 25 Lac Kcal/hr
Thermic Fluid Heater Introduction Video
See More: Thermodyne boilers videos