Steam Superheaters in Industrial Boilers
The superheater is a coil type heat exchanger which is used to produce superheated steam or to convert the wet steam to dry steam, generated by a boiler. It is different from a boiler in a way that, boiler utilizes both sensible heat as well as latent heat to convert water into steam while superheater utilizes only sensible heat to superheat the steam in order to increase its enthalpy.
Benefits of Superheaters in Boilers
- Increase in efficiency of the steam power plant
- Minimized erosion of turbine blade
- Less steam consumption
- Reduction of condensation loss in the boiler steam pipes
- Increases the temperature of saturated steam by removing entrained water particles from turbines steam
Use of Superheaters in Industrial Boilers
- Superheaters are used where only dry steam is required in a process/machines such as Turbines. Any moisture content in a steam in such cases happens to degrade or corrode the machine thereby affecting its average operating life. So, superheater converts low-quality steam to high quality for end users.
- Sometimes, superheater is also needed when we need to transport steam to far off places as there are some temperature losses during its transportation.
- Superheaters can be used in a steam engine where absolute dry steam is needed to prevent wear and tear of engine parts.
- In case of water tube boilers, hot gases will provide required temperature to produce superheated steam and superheater may be an additional part of the furnace area. In other cases, separately fired superheater may be required because gas turbine produced gases are relatively cool.
Boiler Superheater’s Manufacturing
Our superheaters are manufactured according to the IBR Regulations. Thermodyne manufactures both coil type and shell type superheaters depending upon the type of boiler and boiler capacity.
Coil type superheaters design generally consists of 180o coils welded through the headers on both the sides. In a coil type designs steam is inside the coil and flue gases are outside the coil.
Shell type superheaters design generally used to superheat the steam electrically using special heating elements stacked in a shell and the steam flows over the heating elements.
Designing Parameters of Industrial Superheaters
- Boiler pressure
- Steam pressure
- Temperature requirement in the process
Types of Superheater in Boiler
Depending upon the steam temperature requirement, Superheaters are divided into two parts:
Radiant superheaters are the type of superheaters that are installed in a radiation zone just after the furnace. In high-pressure boilers when the temperature difference in saturated and superheated steam is around 100oC. Superheaters must be installed in a radiant zone.
Convective superheaters are installed after the convective bank of tubes. When the temperature difference between saturated and superheated steam is not more than 50oC. Superheaters must be installed in a convective zone.
Steam Superheater in Boiler Manufacturer in India:
Reasons to buy steam superheaters from thermodyne-
- Our boiler superheaters come with adequate safety features to prolong the life of a superheater as well as your equipment where the steam is used.
- The safety valve is installed in a super-heater to prevent operating pressure to exceed the design pressure of a superheater in the boiler.
- We manufacture steam superheaters that suit different type of fuels such as:
- Solid Fuels (Wood, Rice Husk, Bagasse, Coal)
- Liquid and Gas fuels (Light and Heavy Oils, Natural Gas)
- Electrical operated steam boiler superheaters.
Looking for boiler superheaters manufacturers? Contact us for best steam process solution.